Our main aims centres around supporting young people’s individual needs and working with them to develop their personal and social skills so that they will be effective, positive citizens in their community.
- To re-engage young people in learning for life
- To improve the health and well-being of young people
- To support parents/carers in providing support for their young person
- To work in partnership with schools/provisions to enable on-going academic success for the young person
- To develop self-esteem and build positive relationships with young people
- To promote awareness of community
- To prepare young people for the world of work and careers
- To improve behaviour both at home, school, college, work and in the community
Who we help
We help young people aged between 10-18 years of age. We help in the following transition periods;
We also help young people who have been referred to us who are at risk of being permanently excluded from schools, PRUs or private provisions.
We help young people who may be involved or at risk of being involved in criminal activity and who need support in getting back on track.
How we help
Y24 provide a dynamic range of tailor made programmes specifically tailored to the needs of each individual young person we encounter. The core of our service incorporates a personalised 24-step programme of continuous support, which includes an on-going phase of assessment, monitoring, target setting and review over a period of 4, 6 and 9 months throughout the year (this can include holiday periods).
Our programmes are based on working with the young person on a 1:1 basis.
We do this to ensure that the young person has the attention needed to get through the core values of the Y24 Step Programme
Our core values are;
- Achievement (click to view more)
- Health & Lifestyle (click to view more)
- Strengthening communities (click to view more)
- Social and emotional development (click to view more)
We report to parents/carers and referring agencies on a weekly basis what the young person has been doing and progress they have been making.
We also run holiday projects e.g. half terms and summer holidays where young people can get involved in.
How you can make a referral
If you would like to make a referral we have a simple process.
Step 1: Parents/carers, schools, PRUs and Local Authorities to make initial contact with Y24 and fill in Y24 Referral Form (click to view)
Step 2: Potential young person, parent/carer or supporting professionals arrange to meet to discuss referral information and any further details that can help to support the young person.
Step 3: Once we are satisfied that we can meet the young persons needs, we will contact the parents/carers and referring authority and arrange a Mentor-Young person induction meeting where we will develop with the young person their personalised Y24 Step Programme.
We invite you to use the form below to get in touch with us here at Y24. Use the form below to submit your question. We will usually respond within 24 hours[gap size=”10px”] [heading_horizontal type=”h6″ margin_top=”20px” margin_bottom=”0px”]Contact Us:[/heading_horizontal]
Contact Us:[raw][contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"][/raw]
Call: 07711 037 876